Monday, January 18, 2010

der königlichen spürhund aka the regal beagle

my siblings and i learned everything we know about the english language from cartoons and sitcoms. three's company was a particular favorite. below is a babelfished script excerpt - probably fairly close to what it sounded like to me as a 9 year-old.

"
ascent and gloss" is the new "rise and shine".


Janet: Young one, this it, this does, really does it!
Chrissy: I would have never believed this from Jack!
Janet: Oh Chrissy, why not? It' s over time, which you, Jack realised, is not holy! He' s received the same desires as each normal man.
Chrissy: What' s, which assumed, in order to mean?
Janet: He' s an animal.
Chrissy: He, wait you one minute, Janet. Aren' t we over-reacting?
Janet: They mean that this is good with you?
Chrissy: Of course not! I mean that the last thing, which we need is another girl…
Janet: Quite!
Chrissy: But still….
Janet: Still which?
Chrissy: . .he lives here.
Janet: Well in such a way we do.
Chrissy: And it pays a third of the rent. And that is ITS bedroom.
Janet: Yeah yeah.
Chrissy: And Janet, I don' t more than you do in such a way, but it is Jack' S-life and we' No right received VE to obstruct.
Janet: You' , I accept Rerecht.
Chrissy: And you remember, what happens between two advising adults in private lives of their own head…
Janet: Chrissy….that' S-Zustimmungerwachsene.
Chrissy: [Roles their eyes] I know, but first they must confer or otherwise them wouldn' t know, what they agreed too!
Janet: [Laugh] you came me really there.
Chrissy: So which you do, set to say we the whole thing from our understanding and you clear up this confusion.
Janet: , We knew Oh in addition. [Janet begins to clear up]
Chrissy: Who it he' think; s received inside there with it?
Janet: I don' t know and I don' T-care… does you been supposed it' s everyone, which we know? Sylvia!
Chrissy: Who' s Sylvia?
Janet: Sylvia! The Blondine! The Blondine with the sport car!
Chrissy: I saw its last week. It drove around with its top side down.
Janet: [Keuchen] well I bet that she was!
Chrissy: Case on, waits one minute! It was its party, why we are clearing up confusion?
Janet: Oh you' Rerecht. I' VE had enough.
Chrissy: And I' VE had enough.
Janet: And I think Jack' s had enough, let' s go. [both go into its bedroom]
Janet: Well loverboy, ascent and gloss!

No comments:

Post a Comment